Image
Administration
Backbone of Excellence.

Governing Body

St. Joseph’s College for Women, Alappuzha, was founded in 1954. An aided institution affiliated to the University of Kerala. It is covered under UGC section 2(f) and 12 (B). It is a Christian minority institution, established under Article 30 (1) of the Constitution of India. Owned and managed by the Canossian Educational Society, it was set up mainly to provide quality higher education to women, especially those from the under-privileged sections of the society. The College was granted “College with Potential for excellence” (CPE) status in 2016 and was accredited with ‘B++’ Grade (3rd cycle) by NAAC in 2018.

Owned by : Canossian Daughters of Charity
College Started on : 1 July 1954

Image
Dr. Sr. Usha Antony
Principal
Image
Rev. Sr. Philomena Puthenpura
Manager
The Governing Body consists of the following members:
Image
Rev. Sr. Josephine Nathan fdcc (Provincial)
Member Ex-Officio
Rev. Sr. Philomena Puthenpura
(Manager)-Chairperson Ex-Officio
Dr. Sr. Usha A A
(Principal)-Secretary Ex-officio
Dr. Suleena V.S
HoD, Commerce
Dr. Anju M Neeliyara
HoD, Home Science
Prof. Abraham Arackal
Academician
Dr. Mathew V
Principal, St. Michael's College, Cherthala
Prof. (Rtd) Tessy Lalachan
Academician
Prof. (Rtd) Joseph Mattom
Academician
Rev. Sr. Reena K T
Bursar